30. August 2023 at 17:26 #1778Fab_IanParticipant
For my master thesis I create a survey in Unipark for the first time.
The following problem has arisen:
In one of the scales, there are two versions (A & B) of each of the 28 items. In total there are 56 items (28A & 28B).
Each participant is shown only one version of each item (A or B).
I implemented this with triggers and filters.
The trigger sets a user defined variable to the value “1” when version A or B of an item is shown.
The filter shows the other item version only if the value of the user defined variable is “not equal to 1”.
This works without any problems.
But now I want each participant to be shown the same number of items from versions A and B (14A & 14B).
Again, I wanted to realize this with triggers and filters by creating a user defined variable that works as a counter variable.
The filter in front of each item should read this variable and show the item only if the variable is “less than 14” for that version (A or B).
The trigger should increase the user defined counter variable for each item that is displayed from the respective version (A or B) by the value “1”.
To do this, I entered the following for the trigger in the detail configuration:
Variable to be recoded: c_0002 [this shall be my user defined counter variable for item version A].
Value: #c_0002# +1 [increase counter variable by 1].
For this value I have already tried several variants:
– ‘#c_0002#’ +1 (execution position: direct)
– #c_0002#’ +1 (execution position: direct)
– +1 (execution position: after submit, before filtering)
– ‘#c_0002#’ +1 (Execution position: after submit, before filtering)
– #c_0002# +1 (Execution position: after submit, before filtering)
– ‘#c_0002#’+1 [without space before +1] (Execution position: after submit, before filtering)
– #c_0002#+1 [without space before +1] (execution position: after sending, before filtering)
All without success, during the tests always unsystematically one version (A or B) was displayed more often than the other.
When reading out the value for the user defined variable c_0002 after the last test, the value “-62” was entered there, I don’t understand that either.
Where is my error?
Is my plan to control the equal display of the two item versions via a counter variable at all possible in Unipark?
Or do I have to solve this differently? If so, how?
Many thanks in advance, I hope I was able to communicate my problem understandably.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.